Create External API
Before you build the mobile application, you have to bring your existing APIs to register on the service gateway and that enables them to connect to application screens directly.
To create external API,
- Go to Service Gateway
Google Chrome is recommended.
- Select Create
- Add the API details on external APIs configuration
Part 1: General Details
|Service Name||The name of service that will be created.|
|Remark||describe this API or propose of this API|
|Last Updated||The date that API is edited latest.|
|Last Published||The date that API is published|
|Authentication||The methods of protecting API access from unidentified access.- None: able to call API directly, no authentication.- OAuth2.0: select the authentication types for the API. See more details: Authentication|
Part 2: APIs Details
Note: You need to know your APIs type before registering. There are 4 types: JSON APIs (in this example), Static Dropdown, Web Service, and JSON Service.
|External APIs Type||The type of your APIs that will connect in DMA.|
|Host Config Name||select the host config name for your API (see more details: Host Config Name)|
|URI||The URI of your API|
|Header||The header name for your API|
|Input Fields||The input name of your API|
|Output Fields||The output name of your API|
- Select at Input field name to add data, you can import data into two methods
a. Import JSON data
b. JSON raw data
- Click on (1) your API input and select (2) Promote, then click (3) Apply and click (4) Confirm
- Do the same process with the output field and click Confirm
- Click Create Data at the left-hand side to finish creating this API.
- Next step: Test Configuration