Transport Layer: HTTP Adapter
Before configuring the adapter layer of adapter, make sure that you have connected with your external system through transport adapter.
Requirements for HTTP Adapter
Adapter names will be displayed in the Transport Name drop-down list of JSON Adapter. See more about Adapter Name Concept: Logical and Physical Reference
SSQUARE needs to know where the request is made to. Along the creating steps you’re required to provide parameter type, request URL, request method as well as connection timeout.
You can set HTTP headers here if needed.
If your JSON API requires OAuth 2.0 authorization for calling, authentication must be configured depending on the grant type. Without authentication, SSQUARE couldn’t invoke your JSON API.
Create HTTP Adapter
- Go to SSQUARE Adapter through http://YOURDOMAIN:8380/adapter e.g. http://ssq.techberry.com:8380/adapter (Google Chrome is recommended)
- Select HTTP on sidebar
- Click + to create a new HTTP adapter
- Define adapter name in Adapter Name field
- Enter HTTP Requests include parameter type, request URL, request method and connection timeout in Request Configuration section
- Click Test Connection
- Enter HTTP Header (If needed) in Header Configuration section
- If authentication required, select OAuth 2.0 from dropdown list of Authentication Type
- Authentication Configuration depends on grant type. If grant type is,
9.1) Password – enter Authen URL, Client Id, Client Secret, Username, and Passwordin Authentication Configuration section
9.2) Client Credentials – enter Authen URL, Client Id, and Client Secret in Authentication Configuration section
- Click Test Authentication
- If test connection and authentication successfully, click Create