Transport Layer: Data Source Adapter
Before configuring the adapter layer of adapter, make sure that you have connected with your external system through transport adapter.
What needed for Data Source Adapter
Adapter names will be displayed in the Data Source Profile drop-down list of MSSQL Database Adapter. See more about Adapter Name Concept: Logical and Physical Reference
SSQUARE needs to know which database you’re pointing to. Along the creating steps you’re required to provide attributes such as database type, server name or IP, port, and database name to initiate the connection.
Username and password is required to allow SSQUARE to securely connect to the database server.
Create Data Source Adapter
- Go to SSQUARE Adapter through http://YOURDOMAIN:8380/adapter e.g. http://ssq.techberry.com:8380/adapter (Google Chrome is recommended)
- Select Data Source on sidebar
- Click + to create a new Data Source adapter
- Define adapter name in Adapter Name field
- Provide required database server connection properties, username, and password in Basic Configuration section
- Click Test Connection
- If test connection successfully, click Create