Adapter Layer: Excel Import Adapter
Excel Import Adapter requires configuration of both transport and adapter layers of the adapter. To create adapter layer of Excel Import Adapter:
Requirements for Excel Import Adapter
Adapter name will be listed in Properties of Excel Import Node on SSQUARE Toolkit. See more about Adapter Name Concept: Logical and Physical Reference
To import data from Excel file, SSQUARE needs to know exactly which worksheet and columns you want data to be imported. On SSQUARE Adapter Management, you can simply enter worksheet names and column names in provided fields. To do so, SSQUARE will automatically know where to retrieve your data.
Create Excel Import Adapter
- Go to SSQUARE Adapter through http://YOURDOMAIN:8380/adapter e.g. http://ssq.techberry.com:8380/adapter (Google Chrome is recommended)
- Select Excel Import on sidebar
- Click + to create a new Excel Import adapter
- Define adapter name in Adapter Name field
- Select Transport Name (FTP IN Adapter Name) from a drop-down list in Transport Configuration section
- In Basic Configuration section, define worksheet details:
- No. of Rows in Header: total row(s) of header
- Row of Field in Header: total row(s) of column header
- No. of Rows in Footer: total row(s) of footer
- Sheet Name: sheet name in Excel file that data will be imported
- Name column headers in Template Configuration section. You can either manually name one by one or import field names from Excel file. You can configure the following settings for each field;
- Seq: Sequence of column header
- Field Name: Contact property of each column header such as givenname. The contact property is case and space sensitive. For example, givenname, givenName, and given name are completely different.
- Promote to SSQ: Visibility on SSQUARE toolkit
- Trim Left: Trim space before text
- Trim Right: Trim space after text
- Upper: Change text to uppercase
- Lower: Change text to lowercase
- Call Service: Define service name (the service must be SSQUARE Service or other services deployed on SSQUARE Server) and configure service properties by clicking the blue tool icon button. This feature is mostly used for data conversion.
If you want to add more fields that are unavailable on an original Excel file in your service, Excel Import Adapter has the feature available in Row Conversion and Global Service section. This feature is designed specifically for data conversion or value calculation from data available the worksheet.
- Click Create
Now your Excel Import adapter is all set, ready to use as a reference on Excel Import node. To use your adapter, you’ll find and select your adapter in Adapter Name field on Properties setting of Excel Import Node.