Adapter Layer: CSV Import Adapter
CSV Import Adapter requires configuration of both transport and adapter layers of the adapter. To create adapter layer of CSV Import Adapter:
Requirements for CSV Import Adapter
Adapter name will be listed in Properties of CSV Import Node on SSQUARE Toolkit. See more about Adapter Name Concept: Logical and Physical Reference
To import data from CSV file, SSQUARE needs to know exactly what piece of information you want data to be imported. On SSQUARE Adapter Management, you can simply enter headers of data in provided fields. To do so, SSQUARE will automatically know how data is formatted.
Create CSV Import Adapter
- Go to SSQUARE Adapter through http://YOURDOMAIN:8380/adapter e.g. http://ssq.techberry.com:8380/adapter (Google Chrome is recommended)
- Select CSV Import on sidebar
- Click + to create a new CSV Import adapter
- Define adapter name in Adapter Name field
- Select Transport Name (FTP IN Adapter Name) from a drop-down list in Transport Configuration section
- In Basic Configuration section, define worksheet details:
- No. of Rows in Header: total row(s) of header
- Row of Field in Header: total row(s) of column header
- No. of Rows in Footer: total row(s) of footer
- Encoding: character Encoding
- Field Separator: delimiter character
- Quote: escape character
- Name column headers in Template Configuration section. You can either manually name one by one or import field names from CSV file. You can configure the following settings for each field;
- Seq: Sequence of column header
- Field Name: Contact property of each column header such as givenname. The contact property is case and space sensitive. For example, givenname, givenName, and given name are completely different.
- Promote to SSQ: Visibility on SSQUARE toolkit
- Trim Left: Trim space before text
- Trim Right: Trim space after text
- Upper: Change text to uppercase
- Lower: Change text to lowercase
- Call Service: Define service name (the service must be SSQUARE Service or other services deployed on SSQUARE Server) and configure service properties by clicking the blue tool icon button. This feature is mostly used for data conversion.
If you want to add more fields that are unavailable on an original CSV file in your service, CSV Import Adapter has the feature available in Row Conversion and Global Service section. This feature is designed specifically for data conversion or value calculation from data available the file.
- Click Create
Now your CSV Import adapter is all set, ready to use as a reference on CSV Import node. To use your adapter, you’ll find and select your adapter in Adapter Name field on Properties setting of CSV Import Node.