Adapter Layer: Jasper to PDF Adapter
Jasper to PDF Adapter requires configuration of both transport and adapter layers of the adapter. To create adapter layer of Jasper to PDF Adapter:
What needed for Jasper to PDF Adapter
Adapter name will be listed in Properties of Jasper to PDF Node on SSQUARE Toolkit. See more about Adapter Name Concept: Logical and Physical Reference
Jasper template is needed before configuring on SSQUARE. The template should be saved in zip.file.
To import the jasper template, importing font is required for the basic configuration so you should prepare the font before configuring the adapter.
Create Jasper to PDF Adapter
- Go to SSQUARE Adapter through http://YOURDOMAIN:8380/adapter e.g. http://ssq.techberry.com:8380/adapter (Google Chrome is recommended)
- Select Jasper to PDF on sidebar
- Click + to create a new Jasper to PDF adapter
- Define adapter name in Adapter Name field
- Select Transport Type (ftpout in this case)
- Select Transport Name from a drop-down list in Transport Configuration section
- In Basic Configuration section, define the details:
- Import Jasper Project: browse your jasper template and then click upload, after that select your jasper report at the drop-down
- Import Jasper Font: browse your jasper font here and then click upload
- In the Input Parameter section, click at Load Parameter to review the parameters and at the Field Properties, you can choose that will promote a parameter or not and then click Apply. Also, Output Parameter will have two parameters that are filename and directory.
- Click Create
Now your Jasper to PDF adapter is all set, ready to use as a reference on Jasper to PDF Node. To use your adapter, you will find and select your adapter in Adapter Name field on Properties setting of Jasper to PDF Node.