Menu node is mostly used to select a menu on a two-column menu on AS/400 screen. It can also apply to select data on a dynamic screen.
To configure Menu Node Properties :
- Double click Menu Node to open MENU PROPERTIES popup
- Select mapped screen from a drop-down list in Screen field
- Rename Item ID (Optional). Item ID can also be configured in Properties section
- In Connect To, the following node will be automatically selected when links nodes with connecting line. You may select it from a drop-down list
- Click Select to select an area of menu or data. Selecting the area is similar to Create Data List Mapping. When the area is selected, Begin Row and End Row fields are automatically filled.
- Click Keypad to select an Execute Key
- Specify the maximum number of pages to search for menu or data in Max page field
- Select Check Type of string
- Next – Checked string indicates that there are more that one page of data
- Last – Checked string indicates that the screen displays the last page of data
- Click Keypad to select a Next Page Key
- Click Check String to select a string and its location that you want to check by double click at the string on AS/400 screen. When selected, Check String, Row, and Column fields are automatically filled.
- In Check Fields section,
You will define the location of string that you want to check and the location to place the marker for execution. To configure the check field :
- Click + at Check Fields section to open CHECK FIELD popup
- Name a Checker Field in Field Name
- Click Select to select location of string that you want to check. When selected,Row, Column , and Length fields are automatically filled.
- Click Select to select location to place the marker for execution. When selected,Row and Column fields are automatically filled.
- Define string used as a marker for execution in Mark String field
- Click Create +. Repeat steps if more than 1 check field
- In Conditions section,
You will set the condition between an input parameter and checker field. To configure the condition :
- Click + at Conditions section to open CONDITION popup
- Select either AND or OR in Combine Condition drop-down list if more than one condition is applied
- In Comparison Condition:
- Select an input parameter in Input Field drop-down list used in comparison with the checker field
- Select the condition either Equal or Not Equal in Operator drop-down list to operate between input field and checker field
- Select a checker field as configured in Step 11 in Checker Field drop-down list used in comparison with the input field
- Click Create +. Repeat steps if more than 1 condition
- Click DONE to save configuration